What is the best way to potty train a toddler boy?

sweet_lady676

Asked by sweet_lady676 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• fruit loops in the toilet! tell him to sink the red ones, or whatever color he likes best. boys love a challenge : )

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 11:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• my son was 3 year old when we finally trained him. not because we didnt try, we started when he turned 2, but because he didnt want to do it. One day about a month after he turned 3 i let him have free reign of the bathroom and he was potty trained by that night. I always went with im made sure he was doing it right and that he washed his hands of course. And about a week later i noticed it had been a few days since his night time and nap time diapers were wet so i put him in underwear and have only had 1 or 2 accidents. GL
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i got my son to do it by using candy as a bribe (reward) if he would pee on the potty I would make a huge deal out of it and use his candy to reward him... If he wanted candy he knew all he had to do was go potty after I he got the peeing down the pooping just came in too... Good Luck... He will do it when he is ready =)
    mom2marcus0104

Answer by mom2marcus0104 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• With my ds, he seemed to be ready when it was summer (warm outside and inside!) He didn't seem to like the potty chair all that much, dh was always working, so, what I did was let him run around the house naked! He realized pretty quickly what was "going on" and what to do about it. It only took about a day, not more than 2, and he was trained! Of course, I didn't let him go outside without clothes, and if you have carpet, this may not be the best way. But, it is what worked with my son. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 9, 2010