colic??

what are some signs of colic and when does it usually begin/end

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it can begin at anytime and end at anytime. my daughter had it. she would just cry and cry for no apparent reason. it's so stressful and all you can do is change them feed them burp them and try to make them as comfortable as possible. my daughter stopped with hers about 2 months. it was usually the same times everyday.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Colic is somewhat subjective, and whether your baby's crying is "average" or "excessive" may depend on how much you can endure. But pediatricians generally use the "rule of threes" to determine colic: crying bouts that start when a baby is about 3 weeks old (usually late in the day, although they can occur anytime), lasting for more than three hours a day, on more than three days a week, for more than three weeks in a row. It typically peaks at 6 to 8 weeks and subsides by 3 to 4 months
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My son had colic for a SOLID 8 months, nearly driving us into a divorce and me into a mental home. He'd cry (at a few weeks old) from 5pm until 9pm or longer nightly for months and months. I'd weep. It was awful and made me resentful and dispondent. I remember screaming in the shower one night, at the top of my lungs to relieve the stress. The pediatrician was more worried about me than my kid.

FF to five years old and he's a dream of a kid. It was worth it.

If you're experiencing a colicky baby, consult the doc and get support to take a break asap.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:38 AM on Apr. 9, 2010