Tips for exemia?

Im almost postive that this is what is on my 16m old sons back. Hes got three kinda red bumpy patches on his back. Anyone know anything good over the counter that will help get rid of exemia?

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 11:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• load him up on lots of really thick lotion or vaseline. my brother inlaw uses vaseline on his daughter and it helps with her. also, after he eats, wipe his face, neck and any other affected areas down with a clean moist wash cloth. i say after each feeding b/c it helps me remember for my daughter at least...even if she doesnt spit up or doesn't need to be cleaned up right then, i do it anyways so it keeps her skin clear and clean...then i put lotion on her (especially her neck) so she doesn't dry up! hope this helps!!!
    gfamilyof4

Answer by gfamilyof4 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Aquaphor.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:40 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Whatever you use, lather it on right after bath time. Just blot dry so the skin is still moist and put it on right away.

I have a bad case on my wrist and side of my hand. The BEST that has worked for me has been a goat's milk lotion. My daughter has a mild case on her tummy and it clears her right up as well.

I have a nephew that has it really, really bad and his mom prefers Cetaphill.

Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My son has food eczema as a result of food allergies, I use vaseline or aquaphor after a bath, like pp said or otc hydrocortisone 1% if the flareup is really bad. Keep in mind that dyes and perfumes can irritate eczema, so if you havent already, you may want to switch to a free and clear laundry detergent and omit fabric softener completely.
    Tarinia

Answer by Tarinia at 1:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• aquaphor!!!!
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2010