Ance Problem!

I've tried Proactiv and it only made my face burn dried out and break out!
I was just wondering if anyone has tried the Skin ID and it works. Or if there's anything out there that really works! I'm going on 25 and I'm sick of having acne! In need of help, My dh is sick of me wasting money on stuff that doesn't work, not to mention he gets upset because Im upset of another fail product!

higgins823

Asked by higgins823 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Health

• Everyone's acne is different. I have cystic (the worst, ya, go me!) and have controlled it using very pricey Accutane which I don't recommend. Now there are good topical ointments like Finacea w/ an acid that really helps. The very best way to find a cure is to see a dermatologist. Your general practitioner can send you to one. he can decide what treatment is best for you. Also, eating right, staying away from starchy stuff and lots of carbs and dairy does help. Gasp! I hated to hear that. I still drink lattes but pay the price. Finacea has really helped as has laser. Drink lots of water and see the derm guy and life will get better....I'm 40. Don't ya just love genetics....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• BUMP!
    higgins823

Answer by higgins823 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I'd also like to get some recommendations for acne. It sucks! I was thinking of trying Proactiv, but wanted to get some thoughts on it before I ordered
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Adensmommy I tried Proactive in highschool and it worked miraculously. However I and many other women will tell you it somehow stops working over time so you are back to squar one.
    I then went to the Mary Kay skin care line and it (combined with drinking lots of water and working out) made my skin beautiful!
    I would also see a dermatoligist or someone who can really diagnose your skin. You won't find the right products until you figure out what your skin needs and what ingredients to stay away from.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:09 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I recently tried proactive and unfortuntely i am one of the ppl proactive went apes**t on. My face is scarred horribly and I may need to see a dermatoligist. I bought proactive to solve a small problem. My neck breakouts and my acne scarring I have acne over 90% of my face and neck. I have severe acne scarring. I cry at the thought of being in public. As of right now I have switched back to my dove facial wash and I'm trying a nuetrogena toner and astringent. We'll see how that goes.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I get acne around my jaw line. But I've been using Clean and Clear's Continuous Control cleanser followed by Stridex benzoyl peroxide pads, then Clean and Clear's Persa-gel. That regimen has been working for me to keep my skin nearly acne free. But like everyone else has said, everyone's skin and acne is different. My skin is really super oily, so this works for me. Good luck!
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 1:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I can actually get away with using the neutrgena products. the face wash their lotion and their acne clearing makeup. When I was in high school I went to a dermatologist who put me on a pill. I ave no idea what it was but it helped to. Have you tried a dermatologist yet?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2010