Periods????

i am currently breatfeeding and currently getting my baby on a bottle but i havent had a period in 7 months is this normal we would like to try again for another baby but i dont know if i can get pregnate if dont have a period... is it possible to get pregnate while brest feeding and no period and if so what should i do!

saadamarie

Asked by saadamarie at 12:02 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• hello this will help you!!!!!!

* Breastfeeding frequency and total amount of time spent breastfeeding per 24 hours are the strongest factors leading to the return of fertility: a mother is more likely to see the return of fertility if baby's nursing frequency and/or duration is reduced, particularly if the change is abrupt.
    * In some populations, research has shown that night nursing slows the return to fertility.
    * One study showed that mothers who were separated from their infants (but expressed milk to provide 100% breastmilk for baby) had a higher pregnancy risk (5.2%) during the first 6 months (Valdes 2000).
    * The introduction of solid food can also be a factor in the return of fertility. Once baby starts solids (if mom's cycles have not returned), the natural period of infertility may be prolonged by breastfeeding before offering solids, starting solids gradually, and not restricting nursing.
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 12:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I wish I was you!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• With my children I never got my period till 9 months after breastfeeding. That was around the time they started to eat more food then breast feed. I loved it. It was so nice to not have to deal with that for so long. But I also did not want to get pregnant so soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2010