Daughter is 7mths pregnant and has phnuemonia

My daughter who is 7 mths pregnant has been in the hospital since Sat before Easter with phnuemonia. They released her today and she is hurting so bad in my back room. They had her on iv's, antibiotics, fluids and morphine. Now she is in so much pain that I dont know what to do for her. She cant take the prescribed antibiotics until tomorrow and she has an inhaler but the aches and pains are so severe! I feel they should have kept her in the hospital longer than 5 days? Any advice on how I can help her. I read on internet about Robitusim DM for the cough and its safe for baby? She is not taking anything for pain since they took her iv's out this afternoon? I will give her an hours rest and then bringing her back into ER is conditions get worse. Called hospital and they told me to bring her back. There are SOOO many sick people there! My email is hhhsave@hotmail.com. Advice please!

angella12

Asked by angella12 at 1:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Robotussin is safe for pregnant woman as i had used it when i had bronchitis a few months ago... she can take tylenol for the aches and pain but NO ASPIRIN and NO ibuprophen if she is congested she can take tyleno cold and sinus, or even sudaphed, and also tylenol pm... but I would call and double check with the doctor in case it would compromise with any medications that she will be starting
    ArmyAngel18

Answer by ArmyAngel18 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2010