How do I get my baby out of my rib cage?

I am 34 weeks pregnant and my daughter keeps pushing her way up into my rib cage. It is so painful and uncomfortable that I haven't really slept in three nights! I have tried walking, laying the the bath, changing positions, I have gotten down on all fours and rocked back and forth. Nothing seems to make her want to move. Any answers? Please help.

addysmommytobe

Asked by addysmommytobe at 3:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hmmm you tried my suggestion which would have been to get on all fours and alternatively arch and flex your back. I am not sure, is baby kicking your ribcage or is the head up there?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I know; that is so uncomfortable, both of my girls did that, they are 32 and 30, I still remember that, sorry mama. I hope that the first suggestion helps you.
    chevpam

Answer by chevpam at 3:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My son was breech and had his head in my ribs all the time, so I know how you feel. I would strectch and push on my stomach. Sometimes it would help and he would move.
    jharve

Answer by jharve at 3:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• To the first answer. She keeps somehow forcing her butt up there. lol. That is how she was when I went in for my ultrasound. She gets her butt in there somehow and it feels like she is just pushing herself further and further. At times it even makes it hard to breathe. Very frustrating. I don't know what else to do.
    addysmommytobe

Answer by addysmommytobe at 3:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• get a frozen bag of veggies and stick it on your baby right up there by the ribs. the baby should move awa from the cold. always worke for my son. he hted getting cold.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 4:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• lol. I would just shove my son down. He would always want to put a foot there.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Try the arch.flex your back with one arm in the air. Then, lay on one side for a minute really still, then,out of nowhere flip to the other side real fast. Baby will be confused for a sec. LOL I had to do that at seven months so the U/S lady could get a crotch shot. HAha
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:33 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I never found much relief with this in my first pregnancy :( i know how you feel. i have read that sitting against a high back chair and raising your arms can help. again, no luck here! i started feeling better around 38 weeks, so i think he must have dropped a bit then.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• jac wont stay out of my ribcage. the problem isnt getting him out but keeping him out!! i am going to try the frozen food thing idont think hell like being cold.
    jacsmozah

Answer by jacsmozah at 11:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2013