11mo old Baby snores, rolls over on face while sleeping - normal? what to do??

My 11mo old baby has been waking up several times since the day she was born. She wakes up screaming. I finally stayed up last night and just observed her, she is snoring while she sleeps. Also she rolls over on to her face, then jolts up screaming. I think because shes suffocating and cant get enough air.

Im not sure what to do. I've heard sleep apnea *snoring* is a bad sign for babys. And I dont know how to keep her from rolling on to her face at night. Suggestions???

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 3:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For the snoring you will definatly want to take her to the pediatrician and he/she will make suggestions and possibly suggest a sleep study. This is very very important because sleep apnea is serious and you need to get it treated as soon as possible. I had a very hard time keeping my daughter from sleeping on her belly and gave up, but she was not doing what your daughter is doing. The best thing that I can recommend is to incline her crib mattress which may help a little with the snoring and hopefully make it harder for her to roll over onto her face. But please please take her to the pediatrician for this.
    kittymontclaire

Answer by kittymontclaire at 6:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2010