What do you think about parents that let boys live...

with their teen daughters?? I have a friend that is letting a 18 year old with a history of drug use live with their 17 year old honor roll student... I was asked if this was a good idea???? Ummmm....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• did your friend ask you? lol. i wouldn't let that happen... EVER. unless he pays rent and has his own room with a lock. HAHAHA!
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I think to many parents have blurred the line between cool friend and parent. When you are the parent of a teen doing what's right may not make you popular, but too bad. So I think it's a terrible idea.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 8:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I call them grandparents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• my high school boyfriend was 18 and i was 15. His uncle died, and my parents took him in until he graduated and then we moved out together. I had amazing grades, and they stayed that way until I graduated a semester early. Yes we had sex while in my parents house, no it wasn't the first time.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Of course its not a good idea mostly due to the drug use. But also because a parent won't be there to set rules like curfews and other guidelines to keep the 17 safe as a parent should.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• When I was 17 and my boyfriend was 18 my mom let him live with us because his life at home was horrible! We moved out after I graduated and a year later I got pregnant and 7 months after I had my daughter we got married and now we have our second daughter and the 4 of us are happier than ever!! But if it was my daughter and her boyfriend was known for doing drugs then HELL no! But if the circumstances were different then I would consider it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• my child will know by that time not to even ask. PERIOD. that's letting in all kinds ridiculous stuff in your house.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• maybe your friend is trying to be more of a parent to the boy now than his parents could be. Maybe she is doing a good thing so he doesnt end up on the streets. I dont see a problem with it as long as she is not allowing the kids to sleep together or be alone and as long as she is making the kid go out and get a job and helping him to become an adult
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• In my personal experience, I think it's a very bad idea. My mom let my 1st BF stay with us for a while and it only meant one thing to me... SEX. LOL That's about all I did for that whole time he was there. Not that I wouldn't have been doing it anyway, but he was RIGHT there ALL the time and it was too easy. I truly don't see anything positive about allowing that.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 9:03 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• i agree with the ladies saying its a TERRIBLE idea. my children will knw not to even think of asking me something like that. her child needs to be her primary focus. if the kid is having a hard time at home he is 18 basically old enough to be on his own. he can go to job corp, work full time, go to college and get financial aid.. theres a lot of help out there for him so she does not have to put her daughter at risk by letting the guy live there.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 9:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2010