Sould I get paid to watch me nephew?

I keep my 3 month old nephew once a week and my sister keeps asking how much top pay me. I don't really feel right taking money from her. But I have kind of changed my routine on that day for keeping him!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Thats a decision that is totally up to you. Do you need the money? Can she afford it? Do you enjoy having him or is it a chore? Do you buy extra toys or equipment for his stay? All things to consider.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• well you not going to get any money for it unless you tell her you want it. If you want to get paid then yes you should, if you don't want to get paid then keep doing what you're doing.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• my 3 yr old cousin stays with me Sunday night until Friday afternoon, his dad gives me $100 for food and entertainment expenses and whatever special foods he needs outside of our normal stuff. The rest i put in gas.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Wow thats a LOT of money for such a short time Christina!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• If she insist on paying...take the $ and open a savings account for your nephew :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• they couldnt pay me 100 dollars to watch my nephew! Not even 200!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I agree with the first answer - it's up to you. Your time IS worth something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• thats not a lot of money for christina to get for a week of babysitting.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• op: I think as long as your sister brings everything for the baby you shouldnt charge her. Its just one day. i would tell your sister though when the baby gets older that you would like to take it out to do fun stuff ...then she could give you money for entertainment and gas
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Do you have kiddos your self? Would she watch them when you and your hubby go out? I would say that 20 dollars would be fair, use half to do things with him when he is older, and put the other half in a savings account!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:00 AM on Apr. 9, 2010