Would you lie in order to get another ultrasound?

I have a friend who is already driving everybody nuts with her detailed account of every little stretch mark and hiccup of her second pregnancy and she found out she's having a girl. Now she's paranoid that they might have read the ultrasound wrong and that it might not be a girl after all so she wants another ultrasound. She can't pay for it out of pocket however, so people are telling her to lie and say that she can't feel the baby moving so she can get another ultrasound that the insurance will cover. I have a problem with this, mainly I guess because I had a lot of complications with my second pregnancy and would have loved to just had the sex of the baby be my only worry. I think it's like tempting fate or karma or something if she lies about the baby not moving and then how would she feel if something bad DID happen? Would you lie just so you could find out the sex of the baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, and if she says that, they aren't going to do an ultrasound first anyway. The will check for a heartbeat and feel the belly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• no
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I wouldn't lie because you never know it could come back on her later..
    KatrinaEaton

Answer by KatrinaEaton at 9:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Odds are the dr would see her first before ordering an ultrasound
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I never lied. Exaggerated concerns, yes. But this was before I had an u/s and was spotting...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• NO lying is never a good thing. If she does lie and the ins company finds out, she could get in trouble for insurance fraud!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No. It's wrong plain and simple and like a PP said, it would be insurance fraud.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No, and as noted before, the dr probably wouldn't give her an ultrasound for that reason anyway.

Answer by missanc at 9:27 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I wouldnt do that but i had a manager once that said when she was pregnant she went to the emergency room and said she fell to get another ultrasound.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No I wouldn't lie. I wanted a better ultrasound to make sure that I was having a girl like they said...so I PAID to have a 3D-4D ultrasound at a business in my area. Lying is never a good idea....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2010