Could you Imagine your husband gets in a horrible car wreck, and gets put in ICU, you rush to the hospital and they wont let you see him...

because you have a penis?

I couldn't imagine not being able to see my husband, the man I love and share a life with at the time that he needed me most. I would hate knowing he was laying there all alone. I would be ripping my hair out, and screaming at hospital staff to see him.

Some people are such assholes.

My Aunt had to wait 6 days before her SO (of 22 years) woke up so she could see her.

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• so sad. My partner and I have 20 years history and two children. But still we are not "legally" married.
    hot_shuz

Answer by hot_shuz at 9:47 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• It happens everyday NOT just to people who are gay. My uncle never remarried but lives with his new love and couldn't go see her because he is not a spouse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I don't know why sex matters. Why does it even have to be a family member? If I showed up to see my BFF because her family was out of state I would be Pissed. If I have a valid id I should be allowed to see the person I ask to see even if they decide it has to be with supervision or doors open. That is stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• They would have gotten married if they could have. The have 3 kids together, own property together, and even a few business. The only thing that seperates them if the lack of that marraige certificate.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• This could all be averted by a well worded power of attorney. You present it and they have to let you in.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 9, 2010