Sex and married couples study is this accurate in your life

I recently read a current study that said that married couples have sex on average 59 times a year. Is this the case for you? I am thinking that it is a bit low? How about you?

voni681

Asked by voni681 at 9:36 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's very low for me :P
    MissMorgan07

Answer by MissMorgan07 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• That works out to about once a week. It sounds a bit high to me! Of course my husband and I both work a lot and we have 3 children (2 of them are under 3 years old). I expect we will get closer to that as the kids get a little older and we aren't so worn out, but then we'll be older so maybe not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• That sounds about right. It's normal. Grown up life of raising a family and taking care of the house, juggling relatives, jobs, and everything else doesn't revolve around sex. I've never really believed that people who say they have sex three times or more a week aren't telling the truth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Sounds about right for us. We've been married for 15 years, together for 19 and have two small children. While the sex is still good, the need to have it all the time isn't there. We definitely have sex once a week and then some other random days thrown in. I'm positive that it's more than 59 days a year, but probably less than 80.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I think we have sex less then that. I try to give it to him as less as I can. I hate my husband!
    hisblueeyes

Answer by hisblueeyes at 9:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• married for 15 years, have 5 kids, different working shifts, we've had sex less than 5 times so far this year. it's old stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I think a lot depends on how old you are and health. When we were younger we were at it all the time. Now because of health issues and age we've slowed down. I think now we are lucky if we get 3 times a month. But seriously I have no sex drive and don't care.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• so that's a little more than once a week. yeah, that's kind of low. well, maybe older married couples don't have sex as often...
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• sad to say i thought that # was very high. our relationship hasn't been great since our baby was born 5 YEARS AGO!! we are probably in the 12-20 times a year range.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• It's an average, so for us it would be a little low but I know we are on the higher end (especially from some of the posts I read on here!)

Answer by missanc at 10:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2010