Does anyone have a Jeep Liberty?

We bought a 2003 jeep liberty yesterday, were going to pick it up today.. Any reviews on them? What do you think about them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had one. Mine was a 2002 and I had it for 5 years. I thought it was cute and I enjoyed it. It didn't handle well in the rain though. If I didn't slow down to a crawl, it would fish tail on right hand turns when the road was wet. The reason we got rid of it is because the back seat tilts at a weird angle and wouldn't accomadate my daughter's carseat. The infant backward facing carseat/carrier fit in just fine, but the forward facing toddler seats do not fit. They sit kind of leaning forward.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Those suck! Waste of money!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I drove an '09 for a few weeks and I thought it was fun. It has a scrawny engine though and doesn't have much "get up and go". It took awhile to accelerate to 65.

The pros were styling and the rear seatbelts were extra long to accomadate two long belt bath Britax Frontiers, and it was just fun to drive.

The cons were there wasn't much storage space, or legroom in the rear seat, and the slow exceleration.

If I was young and only had one child, and didn't drive on the expressway all the time I would consider it.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:17 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Sorry have to agree with Anon.. My Hubby has been a jeep guy for pretty many yrs and when anyone asks him about them he tells them to stay away from them.. My Uncle worked for Chrysler for 40 yrs and he wouldn't recommend them either... You might have been better off doing research on them before you bought it. Sorry.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:30 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Hubby loves his...2004 (I think)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:45 AM on Apr. 9, 2010