I don't have much money to feed all these people coming to my son's bday party

Can anyone give me advice on what affordable food to have at his party. I have my other kid's birthdays to pay for later this month as well. Thanks a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• frozen pizzas,look around for the $2 ones,figure on 2-3 slices per person,about 4 people to a pizza
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• What time is the party? Generally, if it is from 2-4 then you will only need to have cake and ice cream. You can make the cake yourself ($3) and pick up a gallon of ice cream from Wal-Mart for about $5. If the party is right during lunch, then you can get $5 pizzas from Little Caesars or Papa John's. Or you could serve sandwiches, chips, and fruit. This should be low cost if you don't buy the pre-made trays and just make it yourself.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Really, you only have to have cake and drinks. Snacks are optional. You don't have to serve a full meal unless you will have guests during meal time.

Chips, pretzels, dips can be a cheap way to go for snacks.

If you are doing a full meal some cheap ideas might be hotdogs, pizza, frito pies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My daugters bday party is coming up...its in the afternoon 2:30 Im making pb&j and ham and cheese on pita bread cut into cute shapes with cookie cutters. Im making her cake and will have chips, juice, and water too. Probaly feed the 25people for maybe 40$ if not less.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:28 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• People are right about the time...
    If its anytime before 2 pm you have to have food. People also expect something more than a frozen pizza and a half ass cake.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• no, it will be at 6pm because my husband doesn't get home from work till about then as does everyone else cause its on a weekday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• little caesers $5 pizzas...$5 footlong subs? pb&j cut with cookie cutters is a great idea!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• we made pigs in blankets for my daughter's 16th! everyone loved them and it was super cheap : )
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• baked potato bar... a 10 lb bag is like 3 bucks, and then some butter, sour cream, salt and pepper, chives, bacon, broccoli, cheese... it isn't that pricey and kids can dress them up however. otherwise hot dogs or pigs in a blanket, spaghetti and garlic bread, chili and cinnamon rolls, all good and feeds a lot, not to pricey!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Lentil tacos or lentil sloppy joes. Send me a message offlist if you would like any recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2010