my husband is not interested in me anymore

this month we will be together for 10 years and married for 6 1/2. He -in so many words- says he's not interested i'm so sad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Since it's him that's heavier: he's self-conscious of his body and carrying around more estrogen than testosterone... making him feel bad naked and lowering his overall interest.

The questions Anon asked you are all indicators... not all of them... of controlling attitudes, of 'checking out' long before leaving, of disrespect, contempt and disappointment, and of 'flat-lining' emotionally. Not conducive to happy marriages.

Men want to be with women who help them feel better about themselves when they're with them. They may 'take the hit' when you have a PMS rage, and even be able to say 'oh, that's just hormones'... but know that if it's testosterone that makes them swing at their kids, no one in any court (public or law) is ever going to say 'oh, he was just hormonal' and excuse him. It's unfair and he knows it.

Do you cherish him, let him pick, back him up, leave him be? He can tell the difference, and men want love, too.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• btw before anyone says it- no he is not cheating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I would be sad too. I'm really sorry. When i was pregnant my husband wasn't interested in sex and that really hurt... as if i wasn't going through enough body issues, he tells me I'm too fat to have sex with. He got over it a few weeks after my son was born.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• sounds like he needs to take some steps to be interested in u again.. take u out on dates. spend time with u. talk to u more. whatever it takes to get the spark back
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:50 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Assuming the spark can come back, try what 3xangel said to find out. I'm sorry this has happened, and I hope you'll be ok with whatever happens in the future.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Well, let me ask you these questions...
    Do you weigh twice the amount you did when you got together?
    Do you take him for granted?
    Do you require a load of pseudo-romantic tap-dancing?
    Do you store up feelings of resentment and explode during PMS and shower him with rage?
    What's the level of toxic bacteria in your bathroom?
    Are you indecisive?
    Have you completed a level of education that would afford you sufficient earning capability?
    Do you suffer from depression?
    Ask yourself these questions and work on your issues. Then maybe he will get more interested.
    Anonymous

• I'd go for counseling
    Anonymous

• ok ANON i'll answer your questions
    Well, let me ask you these questions...
    Do you weigh twice the amount you did when you got together? NO about 5-10 lbs heavier - he's about 50 lbs heavier though
    Do you take him for granted? Not really - i compliament him when he has a new shirt on $ tell him he's hot or if he does anything at all around the house
    Do you require a load of pseudo-romantic tap-dancing? not hardly-he's never been that romantic in the first place
    Do you store up feelings of resentment and explode during PMS and shower him with rage? sometimes
    What's the level of toxic bacteria in your bathroom? huh? i clean it weekly
    Are you indecisive? sometimes
    Have you completed a level of education that would afford you sufficient earning capability? AS degree and i used to make more $ than him-i work PT now
    Do you suffer from depression?
    maybe - my mom and sister have
    WHAT'S YOUR POINT?
    Anonymous

• wALK AROUND YOUR HOUSE WITH NO BRA UNDER YOUR SHIRT, HE'LL NOTICE AND MAYBE YOU'LL HAVE LOTS OF SEX TONIGHT. lOL.
    Anonymous

• its sad when you marriages are going through the downs. But you weren't specific...is he not interested in you, in sex, in the marriage? It may not be you at all but him...
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 4:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2010