How will I know when she is ready??

My baby is almost 13 months old, and only has 4 teeth. At this age she is having a hard time being off the baby food, although her pediatrician told us to take her off of it. Problem is, she is gagging on table food. My first born was a breeze, she took right to the things that she was supposed to be doing, she cut 2 teeth at a time, and quite quickly, she adjusted to a sippy cup, no problems. Now that I have this 2nd babay, she isnt cutting teeth as quickly, she cant grasp using a sippy cup, and shes gagging on table food. I need advice on alternatives. Please help, don't bash!!

chelcityrocks

Asked by chelcityrocks at 10:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i don't think i would move to table food until she has teeth to chew with. I mean, possibly something like yogurt and apply sauce. Those gerber poofs dissovle pretty easily. I don't have much adivce, if my child was gaggin and choking i would just keep them on the baby food. Good luck!
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 10:39 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• apple sauce* sorry can't type this morning
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

• give her soft foods soup, soft fruits & vegtables.. take her off the baby food she'll slowly get used to the real foods..
    look at this site-
    family.go.com/parentpedia/baby/starting.../baby-table-food/
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• maybe she just isn't ready? i don't think i would give solids if my baby were gagging. i would get a food grinder and give her what the family is eating, only ground up.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I would still give her baby food. I didn't always listen to the doctor. One thing that worked for me though, as a very soft, first meal - I would make a can of soup with pasta and vegies and then strain out the liquid. The vegetables and pasta are extra soft in the soup. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• my son was a gagger too - it took him a while to adjust to foods and the sippy cup.. just give it time, you know your baby..sometimes it takes longer
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• make the bites smaller, my son is almost a year old and I have to make everything sooooooooo small. I mean so small they are like the size of the tip of his little finger or smaller, if its to hard or to big he gags
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 1:55 AM on Apr. 13, 2010