so my hands and feet were swelling at work yesterday..

i kept having to run my hands under icy cold water, I stay hydrated, drinking water and tea... i just could not get the swelling to go down... I'm on my feet from 5-8 hrs 4 days a week with out break. I dont have any allergies to the foods i work around.. any CLUE??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You need to take breaks! Your poor body!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• you're pregnant....pregos just balloon sometimes for no reason at all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• NO clue as to reason behind the swelling. To get it to go down you need to lie down with your feet elevated above your heart. My SIL works as a nurse in LA and she swears by compression stockings to help reduce the swelling to the legs. Might be worth looking into as she spend 12-14 hours a day on her feet.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:42 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• hmm interesting!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• i feel for you! i work on my butt all day and my feet are swelling a lot. have been for a week. i'm sure if i worked on my feet, it would be worse. everyone says to elevate my feet above the level of my heart but that's not practical at work. gl!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• swelling can be normal for pregnant women...sometimes it can be associated with preeclampsia, so let your dr. know this happened. i hope it doesn't happen again! how is your blood pressure?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Ops.. i put this under the wrong forum.... but yeah i dont even know if im pregnant.. I just had a period 8 days ago.
    Anonymous

• Do you eat a lot of salty foods? Even if you drink plenty of water, if there is enough sodium in your diet you can still swell every now and then. If the swelling is constant you should probably see a doctor to rule out any major issues.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2010