should i say they have to pay?

I run a daycare out of my home. I have a family that I watch 3 of their children. Well since I started with them a few weeks ago, they decided not to bring the kids a few times. On the fee agreement the parent and I both signed, it says that any days missed due to the child not being there still has to be paid. Well I am wondering if they are keeping the kids home a few days thinking it will be cheaper when they have to pay me. So my question is should I mention that to them and end up possibly losing them as a client or should I just bill them for the hours the kids were here and not the ones they're supposed to be as well? Thanks.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 10:48 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• You have a signed agreement. Make them pay you. That is taking up space in your daycare for children that may be there everyday. If you have a slot payfor it whether you use it everyday or not...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I would remind them of the policy. Maybe let this time go but from now on enforce the rule. If you don't then they will take advantage of you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• they need to pay you for the time

also.....you should be paid in ADVANCE. thus saving you this trouble.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• we have a policy like that for our business. we only enforce if we actually lost money because of them. like anon :52 said, maybe just remind them of this policy once before enforcing it. if your gut is saying they are trying to save money, then maybe you could discuss with them perhaps giving you more notice so you can make other arrangements?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• When you go to bill them- Id just tell them. Since is the first time its happened Im going to cut you a break and only bill you for the time the kids were here- but per the agreement you signed next time I will be billing for the ENITRE week.
    :)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Can you mention it, then tell them you won't charge them for it this week because maybe they didn't know. But in the future they will have to pay.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:14 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• The only thing with letting it slide this week is that I just started with them the 31st of march and don't get paid by them til next week.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 11:24 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Send home a 'policy reminder' letter. Have all of you policies outlined in it. Then if they have any questions they should come to you. If they don't then expect the full payment. If they didn't read it then it's their fault.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I had a baby sitter who wanted me to pay her for the week when I got laid off on a Monday morning. I told her to stick it. I didn't have a job for the week, so guess what she didn't either. There was no signed agreement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Oh I forgot to mention that out of that short time I've had them so far, this is the 3rd morning they've text me telling me they weren't coming about 30 minutes before they're suppers to be here.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 11:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2010