single moms..i'm scared I'm gunna regret leaving?

I have two kids with my SO..both unplanned and both pregnancies he resented me for.I can't take birth control because I have a blood clotting issue and my body rejected the IUD ( it fell out and lodged itself in my cervix). We had issues cause I felt like he always blamed me for getting pregnant. So after our last child was born I asked if he wanted one of us to get fixed and he said no that he would like to eventually have one more. I found out I'm pregnant again and once again he is blaming me. I can't take all the hatred anymore. I've tried to keep my family together but I am really unhappy. I want to leave but I'm scared I'll regret it. I will go from a stay at home mom to a working single mother ( I saw how hard it was for my mom and I don't want to go through that). So single moms, did you regret leaving? Did you wish you would have stuck it out longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Why didn't you just use condoms?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I understand you're scared you'll regret it...but weigh both sides.

Would you regret staying and being resented for the rest of your life?
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:54 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I never regretted leaving for one second! It was so freeing and for once I finally felt comfortable to be myself and make what I felt like were the best decisions for my kids and myself. Yes, I ended up having to go to work, but the time I was able to spend with my kids was so much happier than we had all been when I was with my ex.
    I am remarried to a wonderful man that loves me AND my kids. I did go to counseling with my ex before I left - is he willing to try? It didn't help us, but I imagine it might help some people and is worth a shot.

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• sounds like he needs to man up and realize he is responsible for his penis. he is a big boy who knows unprotected sex results in pregnancy. what is there 4 u 2 stick out? he hates u for the kids u 2 made together?? come on mama u knw wat u need 2 do! im not a single mom but i knw its hard. would u rather be a single mom giving your kids love or the sahm who allows a man to show hate towards their kids?
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• If your unhappy. Leave 

You need to stand on your own two feet.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Why didn't you just use condoms?

We did for a short period of time. The lube they put on them gave me b/v infections so the doctor said I needed to use the ones without it. They hurt really bad so we eventually quit using them all together. It was dumb but I didn't feel like I had many choices.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Ya know this is never an easy topic to say the least.I've been rite where you are & IDK how bad your situation is @ home or if you don't love him anymore, 3 children on your own is SOOOO not easy it aint no walk in the park.These days everything is so expensive & being pregnant where will you go? Do you have close family?Have you been feeling this way for a long time?.I've been a single mom who had NO financial help by the father iether time, yes I went through it twice.I couldn't stay where I felt so unwanted & sad. IDK it was hard to leave each time.I was so much younger the first time so I had allot of hope & help.My mom raised 3 girls on her own too.I don't know how & I can think of many occasions when I was lonley & sad & wanted to know what it was like to have a mom & dad & home, we moved often.I do understand~HUGS,I did meet Mr.Rite after allot of growth on my part & now am a SHM happily this time.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 11:06 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I tried to get him to go to counseling but he put it off saying he was always "too busy". I ended up going by myself for 6 months before I said forget it, it did me no good to go alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I am a newly single mom of two. I had the same fears and worries that you're having now and I put off leaving over and over and over again.
    Now that I finally have, I've never regretted it. Not once.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:15 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I was scared leaving with three small children but I never regretted it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2010