Teacher's Union praying for Governors Death? Is this acceptable behavior for educators?

The Record of Bergen County obtained the Bergen County Education Association memo that includes a closing prayer:

"Dear Lord this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Chris Christie is my favorite governor."

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:29 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ha! I'm sure it was tongue and cheek. Once again something getting blown way out of proportion on this board again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I agree!!! Don't blow everyhing out of proprtion. It was said.... It was more than likely a joke.....GET OVER IT!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Yeah it seemed tongue-in-cheek, funny to me. I don't think it was a serious prayer asking for the death of someone.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Joke or not, is this an acceptable joke for teachers/educators?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• *Funny or Not*
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Have you not ever made a joke at someone else's expense? Comedians do it everyday! Just b/c these are educators doesn't mean they shouldn't have a sense of humor!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• If a student made this joke about a teacher, I bet it would have been taken seriously...
    dandydiane

Answer by dandydiane at 11:35 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Oh more than likely dandydiane. I think all of that is blown out of proportion as well. I think people need to learn to relax and laugh a little more in life instead of taking so many things so literally!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Oh my gosh! You guys just thrive on conflict! Life is way too short. When I read this, there is no way there is a "hit" out on the governor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 9, 2010