Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when toxic people refuse to butt out of your life?

I have neighbors who will not leave us alone- they even broke into our home by burrowing a hole into our house from below our steps. In the same breath, I have a mother in law who- to put it nicely- is the one person in the world I despise more than anyone else. I do not talk to her. She does not talk to me. She does however stalk my posts online- make up fake names- and 'trolls' cafemom after me. My husband confirmed it was indeed her (he knew her SN) and now I'm left wondering... what do I have to do to get this broad off my back? I dont even talk to her anymore! She is just relentless! She has been doing this for years stalking me on aol, ivillage, myspace and now here on cafemom (literally!) Any ideas?


Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Unfortunetly...I have one of these crap burger MIL's too. You have to ask yourself ...Why? Why is she sooo consumed with you? Is it that she know that she is getting under your skin. You must not let her have that kind of control over you. She obviously has nothing better to do. You cannot control her, only yourself. Sorry, I wish we could just put these crazies all together on an island somewhere...but afraid not. I would try to ignore her and her stalking. Go on with life and make it known that you feel she should do the same. Just agree to disagree and stay out of each others business. if this doesn't work...maybe try giving her a dose of her own medicine. Sometimes that's all it takes. Personally I think she is getting a thrill out of watching you squirm. Don't let her have that thrill. And those crazy people who live next the police. That is breaking and entering. Good Luck...hope they all leave you alone and get their own lives.

    Answer by MommasCooCoo at 8:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

  • maybe you could look into getting a restraining order

    Answer by HisAnointed08 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

  • really, this is something your hubby should is his role to mediate vetween the two of you if you cant yourselves...he needs to tell you mom that you are his wife regardless of how him mom feels about you and that he does not want her to continue any of her behaviors that upset you because it brings problems into his home...tell him to put his big boy panties on and stand up to mama!

    Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

  • I agree...your hubby needs to talk with his psycho mommy !!

    Answer by roseisme at 8:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

  • With no question, press charges, some people dont take the hint until you show you dont like it.

    Answer by jlbtnc at 9:12 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

  • Is your CM page set to private? I would do that first.

    Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

  • Change ALL your screennames DO NOT let her in your home, or if you do password lock your PC before the DOS prompt and DONT give your hubby the screen names. Or make seperate user accounts if your running XP or vista. DONT post ANY pics of yourself on your sites either. Get hubby to stand up to his Mom, or confront her yourself and let her know she wont see the grandkids if her behavior does NOT change and change right away.

    Answer by vbruno at 11:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

  • It seems as though she wants to check on you like you are doing something she doesn't approve of.Is your husband a mams boy?Maybe she is jealous that you took her baby.

    Answer by amandahannigan at 11:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2008