What do you do with one sock left in the pair?

I find that inevitably no matter how careful I am, I find only one sock at the end of the wash and dry cycle. Do you have ideas about what to do with the sock?

AnitaQ

Asked by AnitaQ at 11:40 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Rags!

Use it as a duster, slip it over your hand, spray with windex or pledge or whatever you use and dust with it.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• me and my girls wear mixed up socks...any pattern or color after all who says they have to match? hehe but if you don't want to go that route they can make cute change purses or as the PP said clean with them :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Oooh, or make puppets!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:58 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• i wear mine mixed match socks also
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I put them in my desk drawer. When I have some time, every few months, I go through it and find matches. If I still have singles left I toss them. My daughter's Daisy troop just had a collection of single socks. They made cat toys out of them. They filled them with cat nip and sewed them shut, then gave them to the cats in the pound. I loose socks ALL the time! Practically every load of laundry I'm 1 sock short.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I'm a ventriloquist so naturally I'd make a puppet!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 5:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I keep them in a bag in hopes that one day I will find the missing socks but i really doubt that is ever gonna happen
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 5:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I agree with mompam. I put them in my top drawer and once in a while go through and see if any mates turn up. If not, then I use them as dustrags.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• These are great ideas! Thank you!!!
    AnitaQ

Answer by AnitaQ at 12:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2010