Medical Transcriptionist

Anyone know much about this, or even have this job? From what I'm finding on it, it works out perfect for my situation. Can't really get a full time job due to lack of babysitter and money for daycare, but this looks like something I can do from home. Any insight please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Medical transcriptionists are responsible for documenting the procedures performed by doctors and other medical personnel. They receive voice-recorded notes created by doctors, which they transcribe into a type-written document using a computer or word processor, a headset and a foot pedal to control the recording.

The medical transcriptionist must accurately document medical terminology and treatment processes and thus needs to be well-versed in medical language
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My sister did the transcription from home and they pay you by the line. The one she did they required her to buy her own equipment and now there is a law suit against the company for not paying their people for the correct amount of lines they typed.

Be careful which company you get involved with. She was a transcriptionist for 25 years, now she is laid off and can't find a job. If you have your own children it might be more cost effective to do licensed child care (if you like to care for children and are a people person). You can write off a bunch of your regular living expenses and you make more money at it. Your kids can be there with you too. There is also a federal food program that reimburses you for a small portion of your food expenses too. Just a thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I went to school for it. I was told I could work part time and could work from home. Well come to find out. After going to school. I can not get a part time job in this feild. Then the only one around hear you can work from home. you have to work there schedule. So even though I was home I would have to put my kids in child care to get my work done. I do not trust the out of town ones. I don't want to rely on mail to get me what I need and me to send out. Sometimes mail can be slow or get lost and I don't want to hav to deal with that. Plus I can't go into the company and see how things are.
    Anonymous

• Check out:
    http://www.mtecinc.com/

They are expensive, but the best! :)
    ShortMommytobe

Answer by ShortMommytobe at 1:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2010