Wisconsin law could put educators behind bars?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_sex_ed_wisconsin
"
In short, teaching students about contraceptives could lead to a charge for "contributing to the delinquency of a minor".

Thoughts?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I wouldn't bet on that these days. When they feel teens just need the proper info to make an informed decision?? Most teens can't make an informed decision about sex!!!!!

Why not stay on topic? The DA is threatening to prosecute these teachers for following the state law that just passed, which requires them to teach a rance of topics INCLUDING abstinence. Per the quote you used in your very post from the article. Teenagers can't make an informed decision about sex, but that sure as hell doesn't stop them from doing it, now does it? Wouldn't it be better if they knew how to used a condom or birth control BEFORE they make more stupid decisions? And if you honestly think that these teachers are going to tell kids about how awesome an orgasm is and that they're missing out... well then I guess I shouldn't be surprised with anything else you have to say back because that's just ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I live in Wisconsin and I think this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. This DA is taking things way to far. I like the sex ed that my son gets in his Wisconsin middle school and have NO problem with what is being taught. He gets good, true information that I also talk to him about. This DA needs to pull his head out of his ass and realize that by educating our kids will help prevent more teenage pregnancies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• People have been teaching sex ed here for years and nothing of the sort has ever happened. This is one crazy idiot who's threatening just to push his agenda. The recent law passed mandates that they have to teach it. It also says minors can be charged with having sex with each other. Do you think that has EVER happened... Nope.

Anonymous

• YAY. That is a mom or doctors job. Not the schools.
    Anonymous

• Ridiculous.

Teenagers are horny little creatures full of hormones and urges.
    NOT teaching them about safe sex is irresponsible and will up the std and teenage pregnancy stats for sure.

A healthy does of fear can do some good. Lol.

Seriously though, if kids aren't taught about safe sex then they most likely wont practice it. Technically it should be the parents job to teach it but not all do or feel comfortable doing so. I see no problem with it being part of sex-ed class. That ensures that they are all being taught the same thing about the same subject.
    Obviously abstinence would be ideal but who are we kidding? That's not going to happen.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• That makes me want to laugh. Why are all the crazy ones the loud ones? If other people would have that much passion half the stupid rules wouldn't be in place.
    Anonymous

• I graduated from a wisconsin school in 1990. We learned all about sex, std'd, birth control, how to use a condom, the guys were even taught how to "feel for breast cancer" on a "betty breast' simulator. There is no lack of sex ed.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I think that the idea that "teaching kids about sex is promoting it" is ridiculous. I always wonder if the people with that opinion even took a sex ed. class. My sex ed in high school was horrifying - and it did the OPPOSITE of promote sex. We saw disgusting photos of STDs, as well as watched a birth video. That'll put fear into the hearts of any teenager.

It's not as though a sex ed. class praises orgasms and tells the kids that they're missing out.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I love the in denial moms like kids won't have sex if we just don't tell them about it. It should definently be taught in school and at home
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 12:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2010