If anyone has fibromyalgia, how do you cope with it and what medications do you take?

PaulaAnnDom

Asked by PaulaAnnDom at 12:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Health

• I have it and take dicyclomine for abdomenal problems associated with it and trazadone to help me sleep. Have they done an autoimmune panel and a VIT D level on you?
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• no they haven't. they have given my Lyrica. it helps some.
    PaulaAnnDom

Answer by PaulaAnnDom at 12:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I have it. And I'm med free. They never work much anyways. The best way I have found to deal with it is naturally through diet, exercise and meditation...

I have found a number of cook books on the subject and all have great family pleasing recipes that will help you to feel better. These are all on Amazon rather cheap...

*Food that Helps Win the Battle Against Fibromyalgia: Ease Everyday Pain and Fight Fatigue
    *Reversing Fibromyalgia: The Whole-Health Approach to Overcoming Fibromyalgia Through Nutrition, Exercise, Supplements and Other Lifestyle Factors
    *Yoga for Fibromyalgia: Move, Breathe, and Relax to Improve Your Quality of Life
    *The Fibromyalgia Cookbook: More than 140 Easy and Delicious Recipes to Fight Chronic Fatigue

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I took Lyrica and it helped for a while with the pain, but then I noticed it MADE me depressed.

I agree with Sabrina, natural and food and exercise are the best.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Paula, if they did not run these SIMPLE BLOOD TESTS, then they have not properly diagnosed you. Fibromyalgia is a disease of exclusion, meaning they have to exclude everything else.
    I had a marked improvement after starting a vitamin regimine with good vitamins. What state are you in? You may not get enough D. OR, you may not be able to convert it.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I take Neurontin, Cybalta, and Seroquel. I have had many med changes over the years and this is my new combo. I have less pain now, but more Depression and fatigue. I have tried the RAW diet and eating more produce helps a lot with fatigue and depression. I make a lot of smoothies now to get my vitatmins. Good core exercises are very helpful. The trouble is making myself exercise when I feel horrible.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 7:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2010