what are some cute and cheap wedding reception decorations-like for the tables -really just anything

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Entertainment

• Go to the dollar store and buy a bunch of glass vases, fill them with those glass beads in the wedding colours and slap a tea light on top. Boom. Centerpiece.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• candles and fish in vases.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• We just did a big formal fund raising event. We had the tall hurricanes on the tables with a white pillar candle in the middle. Around the candle we cut feather boa pieces and hot glued them into a ring to go around the bottom of the glass. Our table cloths were black and the boas were red. It was very fancy and fun!! Boas were from Michaels.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I went to the dollar store and bought small easels to put on each of the tables...if they're long tables you may need several easles per table, round tables I used 2 back to back. Then I put pictures of the bride and groom from the time they were growing up, through when they met for everyone to look through. Everyone enjoyed them, and the people who only know the bride or groom, get to learn a little more about the partner they don't know well.

My husband actually made a bunch of little wooden easels for me last June when I did this again for my youngest son's graduation. They took him minutes to make, cost next to nothing, you can paint them white and decorate with ribbons, flowers, etc.

Have fun!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• ohwrite-That is such a good idea!!!!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Small/Medium sized glass candle holders from Dollar Tree or on sale from Hobby Lobby. Fill with water and a floating candle. Put weddng confetti on the table. If you have enough money get mirrors to put under each candle holder and that makes the light reflection very pretty. I've also seen a couple put M&M's on the glass. The theme was fun and partyish so it really worked fo them. You can get M&Ms in single colors at Michaels too. I think a bag is $5 but you don't have to use alot of M&M's either.

Balloons in your wedding colors, tied with the colored aluminum weight bags. (cheap and fun) Confetti or tightly curled balloon ribbons on the table.

A black and white picture of the two of you folded on cardstock into an upside down "V" so it sits up. Place a flower underneath it to poke out on both sides. so like.... @V@. Get any flowers on sale at a craft store that match your wedding.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• A friend of mine had a casual wedding. She got clay pots from Home depot and planted flowers in them. They were cute and perfect and people happily took them home.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• We bought some glass bowls ($3 each) and put 3 floating candles in each bowl.
    Anonymous

• Oh and for favors we bought full-sized Hershey bars ($12 for a box of 30 at BJ's) and I printed my own labels that said our names, wedding date, and thank you for celebrating this special day with us. Less than $100 for all favors!
    Anonymous

• My sister bought a bunch of the glass bowls that you'd put the glass shaped like beads or rocks however you want to say it. She put those in some and potpurri in others. She bought ribbon and tied around the top of the bowl under the rippled (can't think of a better description) top of the bowl. She got it all at the dollar stores and I would not have known if she hadn't told me.
    Anonymous