Anyone out there feel like their life has gone stale?

My husband works, and I stay home. I have a 15 month old and a 3 yr old and one on the way. Everyday we desperately seek a reason to get out of the house and are successful most days. We go to the park, the beach, the mall, etc..

Everyday I wake up, get the kids up, make breakfast leave the house, get back put kids down for a nap, make dinner, take the kids a bath, put them to bed and then after an hour of TV, I go to bed.

I don't know what I'm looking for, because I don't want to spend any less time with the kids or my husband. I guess I'm just restless. I want some excitement.

I've always had a very active life, and now I struggle to find things to get me worked up and there's a void. I've talked to my husband about it, and he mostly feels bad that we cant afford to do more traveling type stuff.

Anyone else feeling the same?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sorry, ran out of space.

I also joined a gym and work out 3 days a week. My husband watches the kids on Mon, Wed, Frid nights when he gets home so I can get a workout in. That helps a ton.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Yesssssssssss! I went to the mall alone last night and I didn't know how to act! lol It actually feels weird not having a diaper bad or a baby to lug around. I also feel like I'm losing my sense of style. I'm going out Sat night for a girls night out and I don't know wth I'm going to wear. But yeah I feel like all I do is for my baby. Hopefully when she starts school I'll get ME back. I know exactly what you mean.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 12:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I feel the same way.
    Going to the grocery store by myself is like a mini vacation.
    I am terrible in social situations now because I've been at home with the kids for so long, and now a single mom who never gets out, that I've gotten socially retarded.
    I know it wont last forever but I do long for the day that I will snap out of this rut.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Being at home all the time does suck. I hardly get out and we never have a sitter for all the kids (5 of them). So I just started to find things I could do at home. Before I had kids I liked to make jewelry so now I make it and sell it online. Even if I don't sell anything I still have fun making it. I started reading again too. Find a hobby. Try something new. Maybe find a group of women with common interests in your area to hang out with. Lots of times they have a web site. If you go to church there could be options there too. We have a women's group that gets together once a month at mine. Most times it's a meeting at church to plan events, but sometimes we take day trips. It's something to do and I really enjoy the company and new friendships I found there.  Plus it''s not very time consuming so it doesn't take away from my family time.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Well, maybe if you have ONE more child this feeling will go away? this is your life when you have kids.. period!
    Anonymous

• Perhaps it's your selection of outings. Frankly, I can't think of anything I'd rather do less than wander aimlessly in a mall --the dead air, the horrible drone of music and people and clatter, the screaming advertising all over every surface... ugh.

Go to museums, even the ones you are convinced will be 'boring.' Go to live performances. Go to galleries. Go to drop-in groups. Go to activities, parades, festivals, fundraisers, openings, and sporting events.

You're bored because your life is boring. Look over the 'what's happening' pages of the local paper, or look for local 'events' postings online, and pick something new and different to do every week --most of the stuff on is free, and almost no one charges anyone under 5 admission to anything.

People travel to see and do what they won't step out of their front doors to see and do at home. It's very odd, to me. Almost like 'the same thing is better if it's far away'?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I'm in your same position, only I've already had #3. I stay at home with a 3.5 yr old girl, a boy that will turn 2 later this month, and a 4 month old baby girl. It will only get worse after the third baby because then outings are close to impossible without help. I can't keep up with the two toddlers while caring for the baby in a lot of situations. So, I get out a lot less now than I did before the third baby. I do think that most of the restless feeling you have is due to the pregnancy hormones. While I was pregnant with the 3rd, I kept getting this feeling like I needed to go run around the block or something. My DD starts Pre-K this August and things will get a lot better for all of us. She's regressing because of her 2 younger siblings, so being with kids her age will be good and it will give me more quality time with my DS who is experiencing some middle child syndrome.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2010