Closer to being over turned? thoughts?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/27/proposition-8-gay-marriag_0_n_438738.html

Asked by older at 12:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • You pick a name, they do not care what it is called as long as they are equal in the eyes of the law.

I always wondered if we removed the word marriage if the unions would be legal by now. I think that people get hung up on the word marriage, mistakenly thinking its a religious thing rather than a legal one.

As for the "sin"- please read the entire code in which is it mentioned the most-they also advocate killing a woman who married and is not a virgin (sorry all you widows out there or divorced women!) and if your husband dies prior having an heir, you would need to sleep with his brothers until you have a boy (yuck!)

I get that some feel its a sin, but denying equal rights based on your religious beliefs is not how the US operates-thankfully!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 2:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• we can only pray that people will wake up and realize that we all deserve the same rights.

Equality For All !!!!
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No praying from this chick for more folks to be supportive of sin.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• tn, your prayers won't be needed, thank you! we only need prayers from people who do not think of themselves as superior and support equality.

Answer by older at 12:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• older look im not superior but neither are you ..certainly neither of us are superior to the Lord himself and His word says it is sin.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• yeah tn, but the world does not revolve around your bible!

Answer by older at 12:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Older...that is very funny. :) But ya, I will be praying that this is NOT overturned. Marriage is for a man and a woman. PERIOD. If you want to shack up with someone of the same sex, call it something else.
    Anonymous

• Nope sure doesn't.I was simply voicing myself older.I was pointing out a fallacy is all..like it or lump it makes no difference to me.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• anon, you pick a name, they do not care what it is called as long as they are equal in the eyes of the law. And by the way shacking up does not constitute marriage.

Answer by older at 12:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• "yeah tn, but the world does not revolve around your bible!"

But the world DOES revolve around the God who created the bible.

Anonymous