Do you give your grown children Easter Baskets?

Dh and I are both 24. he is an only child and to say his mom spoils him is an understatement lol. Sometimes I just cannot believe the things she does. This weekend she gave him an easter basket. I had't really paid much attention to it. Then today I picked it up and was going through it. inside was... play dough, a small slinky, bubbles, those foam things that you put in water and they grow and candy. I was floored. Really? is this a basket for a 24 yr old man or 5 yr old child? it just seems crazy to me! And it's not like she gave it to him to give to dd because she's only 3 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mum still gives me Easter treats...they're more age appropriate though. For example this year she got me some chocolates and a tin of french vanilla coffee. It wasn't in a basket though, just sitting on the kitchen counter at her house.

My kids are 3 and 8 months old, I will probably be giving them Easter treats when they're grown up as well but they will be age appropriate.
    I love giving them treats and making holidays fun and exciting.
    Before I had kids I lived in a house with four or my friends and I used to give them easter baskets full of chocolate. Lol.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My sister has a big party and they do an easter egg hunt in the yard. She fills the eggs with money and lottery tickets. Then they have a huge water fight. (they live in the south)
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• lol thats funny save toys for baby
    Anonymous

• My sisters buy them for each other. they dont have kids and like to celebrate. My dad will hide the eggs in the morning if they leave them on the counter.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I buy my kids an Easter basket when they are old enough to hunt for eggs, and that is it. I'm noy buying a new one each year, and I definitley don't plan on giving them toys and candy when they are 24!
    Anonymous

• lol What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if my mom gave me a basket she can skip the Play Dough and hide some 20's in the grass..
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 1:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Sometimes it's just a connection & tradition between mothers & their children. My husband's mom has bought him xmas underwear every December for his whole life...& even as an adult that lives across the country from her he still gets it because it is their own little thing. My mom would give me a stuffed animal & a chocolate bunny every easter...until this year, because I need to stop eating as much sweets & the stuffed animal went to her grandson instead. But it still might just be something special between him & his mother. You should talk to him about it. If he feels it is still something that he enjoys & appreciates then you should let him have that. Discouraging it could cause resentments from both him & his mother...which in the long run could cause major relationship problems between the two of you. Talk it out, communicate, & try to understand where THEY are coming from.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• LOL

My mom still does Easter baskets. She puts age appropriate thing in though. Usually it is jewelery or movie tickets, sometimes nail polish or other bath/body supplies.

I made DH an Easter basket and he is 30.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• my mom passed away when i was 19 and she would still give me something for every holiday! i have three kids of my own and i give them games or bikes or things i know they like instead off all that over priced candy! lol but on monday i am buying it for 50% cheaper!!! LOL !!!!!!!!
    gonzalez3

Answer by gonzalez3 at 1:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I did till all of my grandkids came along, and now that i got 5 grandkids and a niece to buy candy for, i don't get anything for my son and daughter who is 23 and 26.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2010