I missed my period last month and haven't had it this month yet... I have went to the doctors and home pregnancy test all come back negative... Has anybody had an experience like this ??? Keep in mind that I haven't had a period this month and haven't had one since February 10th, 2010.

I go back to the doctor on the 5th of May to have a Papsmear... Can somebody please help me????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I haven't had a real period all year. How old are you?
    Anonymous

• man yal just reminded me too take my birthcontrol
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 12:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• i just turned 21
    DonaldsWomen

Answer by DonaldsWomen at 12:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• It could be any of several things. Have recently started excersising more? Has there been a significant change in your weight (gain or loss)? Are you under more stress than usual? Have you started (or been taking) birth control? I say, take a deep breathe and relax. You have your doctor's appoint, discuss it then with the OB and since I don't know your dr' just remember not to let him (her) get you out the door until your questions and concerns have been addressed to your satisfaction!!
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 1:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• False positives are extremely rare. False negatives are extremely common. Excreting the hormone (hGc) that is detected in pregnancy tests when not pregnant is a symptom of a couple of rare cancers and nothing else. Not excreting enough of the hormone to be detected by the test is common... some women never do, throughout a whole pregnancy.

Obesity, thyroid dysfunction and a few other things commonly cause low hCg, but so does 'no one knows why' so yes, you can be pregnant and the test is not the end all and be all answer to whether or not you are.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I'm pretty much going through the same thing right now. My know was feb 13th. Took hpts and they were negative. Still haven't had one this month either. My doc has run test and theyre normal. I haven't been on bc since July. So yeah I'm kinda in the same boat.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Thyroid dysfunction also causes irregular cycles, as well as sensitivity to cold, fatigue, low body temp, weight gain, etc.
    Significant changes in weight can cause it.
    Poor nutrition, stress, starting or stopping birth control, and pregnancy can all cause it.
    Irregular cycles suck. Sorry.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I'm not sure whats goin on but ur not the only one for some reason in the months of nov-jan i never get my period the doc said that its fine but im not so sure it is
    Anonymous