If your child had an outburst/tantrum at a public place. Does the outburst/tantrum discourage you or motivate you to go back the next day to the same place where it happened?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• This actually happened to me the other day. My son (who is 2) had his first real tantrum in the middle of the grocery store the other day. He is usually very well behaved, but I guess it was a bad day for him!

I was a little bit nervous to go back a few days later, but I couldn't exactly NOT go to the store. I would have liked to avoid it, though. ; )
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 2:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I would only go back if I had to. Nothing to do with the outburst though.   If I had to leave because of the outburst and didn't get what I went there for I would go back to get it.  I wouldn't purposely go back because of the outburst. That seems a little pointless.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• HA HA HA, this is a funny question because I have recently started going out more with ALL four of my little ones so that I can try to teach the youngest two (2 yr old twins) how to behave when in public. They definitely have brought me much embarrassment in the past, but the are slowly lasting longer at a store without throwing fits.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 1:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• If you never went back to a place where your child had a tantrum, then where would you go?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I would not be discouraged, but I don't know why I'd need to go back the next day. I don't do the whole "we're going to the car" or "we're going home" thing. I pop that butt right there in the store, give her "the talk", usually followed by "the look", and keep right on shopping.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I don't look at tantrums as a big deal. Every kid has them every now and then. If people had a problem with it, they could get over it. I hate making double trips, so my child's tantrum would not interfere with me shopping. I just threaten the bathroom, which is funny because I've never spanked her in the bathroom, but she saw a lady spanking her little girl in there so she has the idea lol. That usually works.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Outbursts and tantrums would not change that. I'll go where I need to go and deal with tantrums or outbursts where they occur.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No, it woudn't stop me. Tantrum's happen. Although I have been known to put my 5 yr old in a time out in the store more than once.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2010