Did your formula fed baby survive?

I just woke up and it seems like every other post has "I won't give my baby formula, that stuff is horrible". Seeing some replies like "babies die from formula" and was just wondering if your formula fed baby survived too??

Mine is now 4, healthy weight, very tall for her age and soaks up everything! She's been sick once, is allergic to peanut butter (i'm allergic to peanuts and she didn't taste peanut butter until 2), it gives her mild excema on her butt only lol... but where do all these crazy ideas come from??? For those of you who breastfed GREAT! Just wondering why there is this whole OMG, you gave your child FORMULA??!?! vibe out here....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• baby cakes what is with you people thinking FF are guilty???
    MAYBE just MAYBE they are SICK of you people bashing them for feeding their child!!! You guys say some ofg the meanest damn things to FF YOU are in the WRONG
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My kids survived, but they are a tad on the odd side. Crazy thing is my BF kid is the weirdest. Maybe it's because I was formula fed? I was adopted so I couldn't help it.
    sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Well its not as healthy as breastmilk however of course they survive. I do believe posts like this fuel the flame just like the posts you are talking about.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I have two kids, both FF and both healthy and happy and perfect as can be. Smart, polite, funny, amazing kids.
    No allergies that we've come across yet, one has been sick once in her life and my son has been sick twice(he's 2.5 years older than DD).

I tried BFing but couldn't produce.
    If it wasn't for formula then my kids would have starved to death.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Well, my healthiest and strongest child is the one that I breastfed the longest. He is less prone to bad colds and other illness, where as my other three seem to become sick more easily. And the ones that I bfed the least get the sickest, soooooo I am a strong supporter of breastfeeding .
    Anonymous

• I'm a woman who breastfed my babies, but I must appologize on behalf of some of the crazy ladies that somehow think that they are better because they breastfeed. Seriously, so what either way? We have our reasons to choose either or...and if formula was "so deadly" FDA wouldn't approve of it any more than they would approve of feeding your child bleach...Some ladies just need to figure it out. Don't worry, formula is very healthy, and probably more convinent.
    WomanOfGod7

Answer by WomanOfGod7 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My BF/FF kids are all alive and very healthy. The oldest is 23, the youngest is 9. Oddly enough, the one that I breastfed the longest (10 1/2 months) is always the first to get sick and stays sick the longest.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• well while we're on the topic, my mom didn't use car seats when we were babies and laid us on our bellies to sleep and all four of us survived! i do the same with my kids too! who's with me?

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I breast fed my DD for almost two months, we both got thrush, and it became too painful for me to continue breast feeding, so she was formula fed after that. She's 2 1/2 now, healthy as can be. She is underweight, BUT...she is very short for her age as well (13th percentile for height) my family and her father's family, the girls are very petite....so is she. But she is smart, and healthy...and my DS I breastfed for about 2 days. He wouldn't latch on properly, and it was too painful. I had every nurse, and lactation specialist in the hopsital trying to help me, it just wouldn't work, and I tried to continue pumping, but my supply just kept decreasing until there was not enough for him. So he was formula fed, and he is now almost 10 months, like 21lbs, been walking since 7 months old, extremely smart and healthy. Both have no allergies that we are aware of yet.
    Anonymous

• Yep and I survived too.
    Anonymous