Going for my first massage & I have questions...

I'm going for my first massage tomorrow. It's a full-body massage that my husband got me a gift card for last Mother's Day. I'm really excited about it...but also a little nervous (as you can probably assume since I've had the card for 11 months now). What the heck will this "full-body massage" consist of? And will I need to take ALL my clothes off? Will I at least be covered in a towel?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 1:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• you keep what ever on that you feel comfortable with. you will be covered. The only part uncovered is what is being massaged at the time. I usually strip down to my panties. Also drink a ton of water after because the massage will flush out toxins. also go pee before you get undressed.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Most massage therapists want nothing but skin where they're working, but you can keep your bra on if you really want to. Usually, you leave panties on, then they use towels to keep you warm and discreet while working on other parts.... like when you're on your back, you'll have your body covered with a towel as she massages your shoulders, arms, hands, legs and feet. When you're on your front, just your bum is covered with a towel as she works your back, shoulders, legs and feet.

Mmmm... massage....
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• They ask you to get undressed to your comfort level, which pretty much mean take or keep your underware on, You will be under blankets the whole time and it is sooo relaxing, now I want one : ) It wont be as bad as you think!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 2:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Sigh it has been almost a year since I had a massage. The spa that I go to has the towel wraps. I leave my panties on and then put on the towel wrap and then a robe. Usually when I go I remind myself that we are all adults and they are professionals.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I always keep my underware on. Yes you are covered up with a sheet and blanket. I can't wait to have mine in a month. I have had to wait 3 months to get one. I am in my first trimester and can't have one the first trimester.
    Anonymous

• I always keep my underpants on. You will be covered fully except for what is being massaged. You will be in HEAVEN. Oh baby!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2010