why am I so sleepy

After every time I eat I'm so sleepy all I want to do is take a nap. I have been nauseous in the morning and then okay at night but every time I eat and it's not much that I eat I just get sleepy and want to take a nap and even if it's a 30 minute nap when I wake up I'm starving is that natural. I don't remember this with my first pregnancy I was actually quite active I don't remember being so tired. So is this natural for a second pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I slept through my first 4 months of both pregnancies.
    Anonymous

• I found this great article on being tired during pregnancy. I hope it helps!

http://www.babiesonline.com/articles/health/tiredduringpregnancy.asp

CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 1:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I think it is normal. I spent the whole second month of my first pregnancy asleep for as much as 20 hours a day. Eating also made me tired. I was just exhausted all the time with my second, because with a toddler in the house I couldn't sleep as much as I needed to.

You're making a whole new person, and it takes a lot of energy. You may not be eating enough (or too much carb, not enough fat and protein)... but I'd guess it's just being pregnant.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2010