OMG!!!! geeez!!!

OMG! My kid is turning 1 just like every other freakin kid. And when I ask suggestions about what an appropriate kind of party I should have if most kids are 2 or 3 years older, I sure as hell dont want to hear "remember, its about celebrating the birth and being with family!!!!" Do you really think kids care about that?! NOOO!!! They want a toy, cake and play around. I absolutely HATE HATE HATE those stupid comments. Seriously...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I raised my daughters correctly. For them even at 6 and 9 their birthday is about family and celebrating. It is not about the presents and cake for them. I feel sorry for you if you taught your kids its only about cake and presents. seriously.
    Anonymous

• This is the stupidest thing I have ever read. A one year old doesn't care about birthdays yet.

Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Shut up lady! not everyone raises them like you and not everyone raises them about cake and presents!!! Our little girl got ONE present for Christmas and will get ONE for her birthday!!! We dont over do it. But there are other kids who will be there and I dont raise them, they arent mine. But do you seriously think they will sit still and have a conversation and excpect NO CAKE at a birthday party!? You are crazy, yes crazy!
    Anonymous

• no crap she doesnt care.....but the older kids coming will!!! read the damn post!
    Anonymous

• I had cake, balloons, ice cream amd goodie bags at my sons. I invited adults and older kids and younger kids. WE ALL had a blast. He was happy, as were all the kids. This went for every year since.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• my son is turning one next month and i am ordering off of http://www.1stwishes.com/ i am ordering the package lil prince and it personalized with his picture, and were going to bbq hotdogs and hamburgers. we want to do something nice! we invited a few friends and family, and got him a few gifts. i am so excited for it, you should check that website out. i dont care what anyone else says we are making it nice, if not for him but for us! lol
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 2:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I saw those the other day...I was looking to see if anyone had some like what my son had so I could show him. LOL The Prince ones are the cutest ever.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• What's the question., then?

As long as you've got cake and balloons and something for the kids to play with, they won't care either.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Quite throwing a fit. I agree 1 year olds DON'T care about parties yet. If presents and cake are what you are doing then you are doing it for you not the baby . Sorry.
    I had 2 bday parties my whole life do I care? NOPE did I care? NOPE
    Our daughter bday we are taking her to the lake, nothing big after all she is only 1
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• WOW, is it worth it to get so upset about nice birthday suggestions? What's up with being anon.?

Cupcakes are great with litle people. They each get their own. They are fun to decorate.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2010