12 Year old Bride dies of internal bleeding.

A 12-year-old Yemeni bride died of internal bleeding following intercourse three days after she was married off to an older man, the United Nations Children's Fund said.
The girl was married to a man at least twice her age, said Sigrid Kaag, UNICEF regional director for the Middle East and North Africa.
Her death is "a painful reminder of the risks girls face when they are married too soon," Kaag said Thursday.
Amal Basha, chairwoman of the Sisters Arab Forum for Human Rights, a Yemeni human rights group, identified the girl Friday as Elham Mahdi.
"Elham was married on March 29th and died three days later" and lived in Yemen's Hajjah province, Basha said.

This breaks my heart, to hear little girls are being married and abused everyday. Us western women are so lucky.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anon- a girl that young isn't fully developed, she's still a baby. You ram a 7 inch cucumber into your daughter for hours at a time, over and over, and over again. See what happens... It takes serious brutality for this to occur. I would love to see his co*k chopped off and stapled to his forehead.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• :(
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I read this article before and I want to know...how can ones sex organs rupture?
    Anonymous

• Anon:32, who said anything bout her sex organs rupturing? It said she had internal bleeding, not that her vagina exploding. It means that the sex that she had done on her was so forceful that it actually damaged her internal organs.
    Anonymous

• I am certain there are things in this country that others see as wrong...oh wait, that's right, we're perfect and what we believe is ALL that matters. OOPS. I forgot. POther countries aren't permitted to do as they have been for forever. We have a say. Sorry. It's sad, it happens, it's life in other countries.
    Anonymous

• It isn't that long ago that we here in the civilized United States were typically marrying off our girls at around age 14 or so......
    I so wish we would let other cultures alone. We do NOT have the right to dictate how everyone else lives! I don't see you ladies getting all upset about 12 year olds having sex with other teens, but since this girl is Yemeni, and was married to an older man, well, I guess that is so different. When this country has the teen pregnancy rate that it does, we have no business trying to step in to change Yemeni culture to prevent 12 yo girls from being married off.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I don't see you ladies getting all upset about 12 year olds having sex with other teens, but since this girl is Yemeni, and was married to an older man, well, I guess that is so different.....

Umm, yeah, it is.  Two minors having sex with one another is not good, but 12 year old boys typically don't have the equipment necessary to do this kind of damage in another 12 year old girl.  It's not "ok" here for a MAN of ANY age to have sex with a child.

Besides, the point that you're obviously overlooking is the fact that her "honeymoon" would have had to have been VIOLENT to have killed her. 

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• The death of Elham is tragic but that being said there are still way too many questions that arn't answered to jump to conclusions about what did or did not happen. No where did it say she was beaten or had suffered violent intercourse, several news agencies said she was 13, there are too many unknows. Yemen is not the USA. It has a different culture and customs just because they don't fit the idea of proper conduct and customs you have does not mean it is wrong it only means its different. The question shouldn't be why did she get married at 13 but why didn't she get medical attention.
    NCMommy2be

Answer by NCMommy2be at 2:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Umm, yeah, it is. Two minors having sex with one another is not good, but 12 year old boys typically don't have the equipment necessary to do this kind of damage in another 12 year old girl. It's not "ok" here for a MAN of ANY age to have sex with a child.

excuse me for a moment while i laugh at this comment, age has nothing to do with size!!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• excuse me for a moment while i laugh at this comment, age has nothing to do with size!!!

Really? It has NOTHING to do with it? So the penis a boy is born with is the exact penis he'll have as an adult? Ever heard of puberty?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2010