Were parents who homeschool also homeschooled?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in

• Both my husband and I were homeschooled and we are going to homeschool our boys!! My sister and her husband were also homeschooled and are also planning on homeschooling their children :)
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• IMO- no. Most of us would not ever put our children through that. (former HS child speaking)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I'm planning on homeschooling if it works out, and my husband and I both went to public school.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I went to public school, and loved school. I didn't intend to homeschool....didn't even know it was legal, but when the school couldn't meet my child's needs, it was the best option for him. I homeschooled 2 of my boys. One by his own choice.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Both DH and I went to public school and we now homeschool. Most people I know who homeschool went to public school. I homeschool because I feel I can do a better a job then the school can for my children. i had a good time in school so that is not my reason why.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No I went to public school
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 4:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I homeschool. I went to public, DH went to private and public. We homeschool because it's academically better for our child, but seriously, why subject your kids to that crappy environment? I HATED PS and so did DH.
    Anonymous

• I attended a top private school but would have preferred to be homeschooled. I chose to homeschool because our local school district is lousy at meeting the needs of many kids.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 10, 2010