I think I have issues~

I NEVER want to leave my son.We had a rough start when he was an infant ( mad colic~!! ) and now he's almost 2-1/2 and I Never want to leave him. I work outside the home so my weekends are filled with him. We play we go to the park we run errands together. I just love being with him, even on bad/rough days. I can't think of anyone babysitting him except my mom, not even my sister.. I just don't trust anyone enough for them to watch him..I don't know how people do it.. I couldn't even think of placing an add or answering one for a babysitter to watch him without knowing them. My mom thinks I am making him TOO Much of my life.. My husband is the same was as I am also. I don't know. I am just terrified of something happening and not sure where that feeling comes from.. I won't even let him stay over night at my mom's.. I know I am going to give the kid issues or set backs.. how do you get over it or am I "normal"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Seriously! Just because you want to be with your child does not mean he will be neurotic, afraid, and a mama's boy. My son is older now, he does just fine, and I was just like how you describe. I have always left the door open to pee too : ) It becomes a habit. Trust me, that will change too : ) . From what you describe, it sounds like you enjoy being with him, it doesn't sound like you're hovering over everything he does and freaking out. I would guess it's because it's your first child and it's your only child. I still walk my son into school in the morning, I play with him in the gym before school, I go and eat lunch with him, and he loves it! I don't do this because I'm scared, but because I like spending time with him, and not one of his friends has ever called him a mama's boy. In fact, they like it when I'm there. Try to relax, and just enjoy your child. You can ask a million people if you have problems
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:36 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I don't think you have issues. Is he your first child? Your only child? I rarely left my son either. I trusted very few people to watch him. I didn't leave him overnight until my daughter was born when he was almost 3, and even then it was hard. I will say that it's gotten easier, much easier.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• SOMETHING MUST OF HAPPENED TO YOU FOR YOU TO THINK THAT SOMETHING WOULD HAPPEN! OR TOO MUCH LIFETIME MOVIES! YOU MIGHT WANT TO TALK TO A PROFESSIONAL I THINK YOU MAY HAVE POST PDEPRESSION???
    Anonymous

• I don't see anything wrong,most working moms feel guilty and take the weekend for their kids. Im some what the oppisite in certain ways..my son is home with me all the time i don't even send him to preschool.I let him only be watched by my mom or my inlaws..i as well play,read go to the store and do everything with him along with teaching him.....but i still let him visit my mom every week or every other week he needs grandkid time and sometimes i can use a little break.Im sorry but im not really understanding your rough start,most babies have colic including my own.I tink you are normal in everyway and im afraid your mom is wrong on this one.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• OP: Yes, he's my first and only child.. and the rough start was far more than JUST colic but way too many details to list~ Lol!~ I don't know why I always think something will happen.. I DID have PP Dep but got on meds and went to therapy. This part never went away and I was like this before having my son.. always checked the locks / windows doors. There's just not a reason for my fear either. .nothing bad has ever happened, probably too many movies/nancy grace episodes. I think it will get easier LATER, like when he's 5/6 or can tell me his thoughts fears fun times etc. to let him stay overnight .. but thank you ladies for helping me.. I can't help that I love my son so much I never want to leave him. I don't even want my alone time to pee, I leave the door open and am fine with it! LoL!
    Anonymous

• You're right - you have issues. Think about your son. Do you want him to grow up being neurotic and afraid. It isn't about you. It's about you rearing a child that is confident, stable, well rounded, and at ease meeting people. You are on tack for rearing the kid that gets picked on at school as being a "mama's boy". He will also resent you for not allowing him room to breath and grow. Loosen up. He will be ok.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• and you will get a million different answers. If you honestly feel like there is too much of an attachment, contact a counselor. Personally, I think you're ok, but I don't know your entire story.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:39 AM on Apr. 10, 2010