what can i expect from my son after he gets circumcized today?

my son is 6 days old & is getting circumcized today. he's been a very good baby & has been sleeping well, not fussy at all, & just an overall angel. will the pain after circumcision affect him a lot? will he be crying for days from the pain or will it be business as usual? pls this is not a debate question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well Answered at 8:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2010 by: Anonymous. "How is it dramatic to be to the point?" You miss the whole point op was NOT asking you your opinion or WHO's opinion or AAP opinion on circ. She was asking how other woman's Son's acted AFTER a circ. Since you clearly state you have no son you have no information to share with the op except to cause drama in a post that has no relevance to you. To answer your question it is dramatic to be to the point when you don't know what the point of the post is and feel a need to interject an opinion that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• I never noticed any difference in temperament or sleeping - same after as before.

Answer by missanc at 2:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My son had no problems after being circumsized. He was just as happy as ever. I kept his winkie covered with Vaseline like they said so it did not stick to the diaper, kept it clean good, and we had no issues at all!
    Anonymous

• Every child reacts differently. I've heard that many boys sleep a LOT immediately following the surgery. I've also heard that SOMETIMES, there can be issues with nursing after the procedure. Can't exactly remember the why of it, and don't even know if you ARE nursing, but if you are, I'd make sure to keep nursing on demand, and if he's sleepier then usual, wake him every 2-3 hrs during the day to maintain supply and keep him eating.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Im not sure about it being done 6 days after there born cause mine had his done the day after but there probably not much difference. My son cried a little when the doctor did it but they gave him a binky with sugar water on it that helped a little. After they send us home with the patrolium jelly and swabs to cover it with so it didnt rub up against his diaper. He was fine like right after they did the procedure. But Im sure every baby is different, Im sure hell be fine though.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

•   Well, he WILL be pissed off!!!!

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• he'll be mad- he'll let you know. lol he'll cry a lot. DS had a really bad case of diaherra-ish (eh- more like normal poop- but it was A LOT!) and it kept getting to his winkie/the gauze that was on it- so it was burning his cut. DS had it done 2 weeks after his birth. he slept all the time anyways, so nothign else really changed... just make sure that his winkie doesnt get covered with bowels.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 5:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Well...how do you think YOU would feel if you were a 6 day old baby and had a part of your penis sliced off?
    Anonymous

• My little guy was fine. He got it done on the 3rd day after birth, and he did cry when they did it, but they used a local anesthetic and a paci with sugar water, and he calmed down pretty quick. Interestingly, he was actually much more fussy/angry the two nights before than he was for the few nights afterwards - he just seemed to be adjusting to life like babies should (and maybe we were getting better at caring for him). We were very careful about changing his diaper very often and keeping the gauze covered with vaseline. It looked a little raw for a while (which made me nervous), but the doctor said that was normal and my son didn't seem to notice. Oh, and it didn't seem to affect his breastfeeding or sleeping as far as I can tell.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 7:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• He'll be really pissed off that you thought it was okay to so cosmetic surgery on his penis when he had no say about it. How would you feel if someone cut off a fully functional part of your genitals?
    Anonymous