soothie pacifiers?

My two in a half month old will only take the soothie pacifiers the ones where u stick your finger in the hole to keep it in their mouth, well we seem to lose them all the time and they dont make clips to keep them on their shirts like other pacifiers... Is there anyway u can make one or how do other moms that use these keep track of them cause i seriously have like 15 and only know where two are, and that is lucky to even know where that many are lol.

Casteel_chick

Asked by Casteel_chick at 1:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They make holders for them that clip onto their shirts. I have two of them - pretty sure I bought them at Target, the little flat piece that sticks off the back of the soothie? That pulls through the "holder"

Answer by missanc at 2:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I bought GumDrops they are JUST like soothie but rounded to the mouth and stay in better.Also if you search amazon they had stuffed animals that the baby holds onto when using the Soothie.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Yeah, they make holders for Soothie. Our Target didn't have them in-store though, so my mom ordered them off their website for us (I don't remember what they were called exactly though, sorry). We rarely use the holders though...just don't think about it & because it's not safe to put them to bed or into certain seats & whatnot with anything attached to them we don't bother to attach & unattach & reattach all the time. After about 4months your LO should be able to hold onto & put the binky in & out of their mouth on their own (you wont stop losing ALL of them, but you wont lose as many that's for sure).

Also, just a quick note - our son wouldn't take anything but a Soothie pacifier at that time, too...found out it was because he had started teething. Keep an eye on it, might be the beginning of the hassle of teething LOL. Good luck mama!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Lol my son would only suck on those kind. I bought at least 15 and some how they always get lost. At the time there was no clips to fit or anything to attach them too.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• http://www.amazon.com/WubbaNub-Infant-Plush-Toy-Pacifier/dp/B002B4OVWG/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1270837188&sr=8-16
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Yes, they make Soothie clips. You just can't use a standard paci clip since there is no handle to thread it through. The Soothie clips are sold at Target.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I have Soothie clips and I've also used standard size clips on Soothie paci's as well. That is all my daughters takes. My Soothie's have small little circles and I kind of just fold up the string and pull it through. =)
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 3:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• you can get those clips at ebay just bought me some last week
    Anonymous

• My son only takes soothies as well, I will say though, they DO make clips for them but they are ENORMOUS! I got one and everytime I tried using it with my son and his paci it felt out of his mouth just pulled it out! So I don't think they work very great. I bought mine at target.
    Miss.Cullen

Answer by Miss.Cullen at 1:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2010