I am feeling led to wear only dresses and skirts. To those that do this, how has this changed your life?

Do you feel that you can do anything in a dress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I know its OT.. but ive always wanted to wear dresses/skirts but they look AWFUL on me! :-( And im horrible with shoes so i can never find shoes to match.. Im a very simple Tshirt/Jeans/Running shoes type girl.. I love seeing what the girls are wearing on "18 kids & counting" (duggars)...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2010

• No. I really don't feel like skirts and dresses give me the freedom to work and play. It's windy here, and wind can't blow a pair of pants up to my waist when I'm working in my garden.
    Anonymous

• OP: I'm sorry, I should have made it more clear, I was hoping for responses from women who only wear skirts/dresses and blouses. :)
    Anonymous

• i no u only want answers from people who wear them but they dont wear them to change there life just so u no there bible says they have to its the proper thing to wear if not u will burn in hell,well at least thats what my friend tells me who goes to a church like that and dresses like that,if u ask me only a cult tells u what u should wear
    Anonymous

• First I must say that my husband and I are not led to do this. That said, I do know several families that are so I will tell you my experience (also, my parents were led to do this so as a child I only wore dresses and skirts).

You can do most things modestly in a skirt or dress. However, any active sports, please oh please either wear pants under that skirt or simply do the pants! The only problem is during cold weather your legs get awfully chilly. I live in Wisconsin though so that may have something to do with it, lol. Other than that it really doesn't seem to make much difference - you simply buy skirts instead of pants.

One quick note here: be sure to wear the proper shoes. Tennis shoes and skirts look geeky, in my opinion. So do denim jumpers, also my opinion. There are some very modest, fashionable skirts and dresses out there that are oh so cute! Other than that, good luck and God bless!
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 2:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

OP: I'm sorry, what?
    Anonymous

• OP: Thank you YzmaRocks for your insight.
    Anonymous

• Invest in a whole lot of leggings. I wear dresses all the time but I always wear leggings underneath. I just feel more secure.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I made the switch to only wearing them full time 2 weeks ago!
    I do feel I can do anything, I wear pants under them though when it's windy or I will be running or active!
    I do feel more like a "woman"
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I grew up wearing only skirts/dresses. the church i went to believed women should wear skirts/dresses, because the bible says that women should dress in women's apparel and men in men's. they did not force it though. it is all on your personal conviction, although parents made their own rules for their kids. needless to say, i never understood it, it doesn't say that skirts/dresses are women's apparel only, and back when it was written was when people wore robes, and they had different designs and colors to discipher men and women. why can men change their apparel but women can't? i don't understand that.

That being said, I wear jeans now, and although i feel like a lady wearing skirts, it depends on what it is, and what day. if it's cold, i don't do skirts. in the spring/summer though, i'll wear them if i'm not doing much, but with kids i'm always on the ground, stooping, ect.
    Anonymous