Do you get stressed out when it's Homework time for your kids?

I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes my son hates doing his homework and what stresses me out is when he doesn't want to even try to figure something out. my husband and i have tried so many different things to give him positive reinforcement but he just doesn't want to do it. we're hoping that it's something that he'll grow out of and in the meantime we just try to keep encouraging him the best that we can.
    diablaherida666

Answer by diablaherida666 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• House week is what it is. Don't stress over split milk. Life is to short to be stress all the time.
    Anonymous

• No they know it has to be done I know that help is needed we do it right after school and snack so it can be done with so we can spend the rest of the evening having fun

Dont stress over it get it done make it fun and thats it
    Anonymous

• Yes! On certain things. My daughter does great with everything except when she has to write. She loves reading and doing worksheets but whe it comes time to write spelling words or sentences it's like I just told her i'm about to pull out all her teeth. We work through and I'm hoping it improves with time and patience but it is very stressful! Is it all homework or just certain things? I'm going to be talking to my daughter's teacher for possible suggestions to help us through this. Maybe that is something you could do as well!
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 2:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Depending on the child....homework time can be very stressful! With my daughter, it was never an issue because she could always do it all by herself and get it done fairly quickly. With my son...that is a whole different story. He takes a very long time to do the work, gets easily distracted, and needs help to stay on task and supervision just to get it all done. And it can really drag out! So, yes it does get stressful...there aren't enough hours in the day sometimes it seems.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Nope

Answer by rkoloms at 3:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I used to...like pulling my hair out stressed out over it,lol. But then we made some changes and it works a whole lot better. When my son would get all aggitated over homework, I held his hands told him to close his eyes and do a calming breathing technique, to my suprise, it worked,lol. I think I was doing the breathing more for myself at the time,lol.Then I set up a desk in his room with a chest full of all the supplies he might need. I explained to him to do as much of the work he can, on his own.If something was too hard, to skip it for now. When he is done with everything he could do by himself, he brings whatever else he has to me and asks questions, and I help him the best I can with that.If neither one of us can figure it out, I write a note to the teacher explaining why it went unfinished and she would help him with it at school. Life is so much more peaceful at 4 pm at our house,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Not stressed. I don't like homework, but understand it's a necessary evil.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My husband gets stressed because he wants our son to do it in the time frame he would do it in, on the table he would, and stay as focused as an adult would. He use to do this with the older 2 boys too. I just let him do it his way and take the consequences of his diligence or his sloppy work.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No. My son knows that he's expected to do homework first, then he can have downtime.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2010