Would you allow your 11 year old to go to the movies with just her friends and a boy she calls her boyfriend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• No not a chance. But she also will not be allowed to have a boyfriend at that age. She can go with her friends if a parent is somewhere in the theater as well.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• As long as there is a parent there with them. 11 is a little to young to be alone in a dark place. or even alone with no adult, to even have a boyfriend.
    Anonymous

• No.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 2:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No. Even if she is the most trust worthy child on the planet that doesn't mean that the kids shes with of her boyfriend are. A dark place with a boyfriend spells trouble. Maybe if you went along and sat right next to her and the boy then he wouldn't try anything for sure! She might think it is humiliating now but when she is a happy thriving adult that was never raped in a theater at 11 she'll thank you for it. Bad things do happen and its not always to someone else.
    Anonymous

• No. I also wouldn't allow my 11 yo to refer to a boy as her boyfriend.
    Anonymous

• No.

Answer by louise2 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No I wouldn't.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 2:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• sure i would! with her dad sitting between them lol
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 2:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• yes!!she needs to know about boyfriends and sex
    Katiana265

Answer by Katiana265 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I would let her go BUT since I imagine that they are all around 10-12 years old I would be RIGHT THERE with them...sitting 1-2 rows behind them. My sons weren't allowed to go to the movies with friends & without supervision until they were 15. They are their friends were fine with it because their friends' parents were on the same page we were and there were usually 2-3 sets of parents there a couple of rows behind, not just 1 set.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2010