Can someone explain how someone can have sex with their parter when they're in a fight or angry at them?

I have a hard time making love to my HB when I'm pissed off. I know most guys can turn off their emotions for sex, but I'm sorry, I just can't switch on and off like that. If my partner has got me annoyed or angry there's no way I'm going to be in the mood. Many of my friends tell me they were in the middle of a week long fight with their HB's/BF but they still had sex with them. They couldn't seem to explain it to me. Is this pure sport sex where you're just in it for your own satisfaction or is this making love?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I dont think we are talking about make up sex here, i think she means,,,when they are still angry at each other. Make up sex comes after the fight is over. After you guys have sat down and talked it out. If it hasnt been resolved and the anger is still there, I find it very difficult to want to be intimate at that point. I feel misunderstood, ignored and confused,,,about whatever it is we are fighting about. If he cant at least meet me half way,,at least to see my point of view,,how in the world could I feel all the feelings of sexual intimacy? Aint happening...
    Anonymous

• Make up sex is the best!!
    Anonymous

• Makeup sex is actually detrimental. Having sex when angry is bad because it gets you into bad habits of making sex be a fixer instead of actually talking it out and making things right. This was advice given to me and my husband by a sex therapist. But I was like you, OP, and I could never have sex with my husband when I was pissed with him.
    Anonymous

• yup make up sex is the shit.
    Anonymous

• I think it can be difficult as well. But the few times I've let my emotional guard down the sex was somehow fantastic! Also I've found that the closeness sex brings allows us to calm down and compromise with each other.
    It definately takes a state of mind change to have sex when you are angry but to me its worth it.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• On the anon with the sex therapist....that would be bad advice for some couples. When we've done it it really helped us. If you use it as a bandaid to cover problems up and not communicate then yes so maybe it depends on the couple. But for us it served as a sexy, comforting "ice breaker". :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Don't get the whole "make up sex" thing... Never have. I guess we don't fight/argue enough. All I have to do is hear my Hubby's voice, or look at him and I'm ready! lol... Don't need a fight to make it more exciting,lol.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Angry sex is good! For me, it would probably depend on what the issue was. If it was something minor, then I could. But, if it was a major problem between the two of us, then nope, not having sex.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I always thought make up sex referred to sex you have AFTER you make up, not in the middle of the fight! I never could do angry sex....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 3:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Anger raises adrenalin and energy. It's the best time to have sex if you ask me...oh yeah you did!
    Anonymous