Should I buy my son an iPad?

He is turning 11, would you get an 11 year old an iPad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would vote no, but I just bought an IPod for my 8yo--it was the only way to get my iPod back.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 3:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No, But I wouldn't waste the money on that for my husband either
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• NO, I wouldnt. It is too much, no child that young needs a toy like that, that is that expensive. I know that it have school and educational uses but at 11 that is not really nessessary. Ipads are delicate and easily breakable and even if it has to stay home it is likely that at some point it will be broken or leave the house to school which could be a bigger issue. Maybe and itouch would be better for his age. Plus the safety issue surrounding that unlimited connectivity is concerning. Plus is a year or two the next generation ipad will come out the issues with the ipad would be addressed and the price will drop.
    Perfection1908

Answer by Perfection1908 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Ha Ha Ha Ha... NO... We have a 13 yr old and he wants a cell phone, I told keep dreaming dude, you DON'T WORK, so you can't pay the bill! He only has internet access when I'm sitting next to him on MY laptop, he surely isn't going to have access to it on his own.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Probably not, you can get a regular lap top for a decent price these days and most 11 year old boys dont have much respect for their things yet!!! ESP high dollar things...
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No, Hell no. I would not buy myself one. More less a kid.

Answer by louise2 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• No. The only way my child at 11 would get something like that is if they saved allowance, birthday/holiday money from relatives.
    CrazyKiss

Answer by CrazyKiss at 2:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• He is not happy that you all are on my side, not his ;)
    Anonymous

• If I had the money, he needed it, and he has shown he is responsible kid with similar things then I would. Family money should also be consideredthe childrens money. They shouldn't be told that they have to save up or make the money if the family has the money. They shouldn't get everything they want but they should get most of what they need.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I refuse to even put a TELEVISION in my child's room.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 3:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2010