What do I pack in my hospital bag?

I have absolutly no idea what to pack in my hospital bag. Also, should I pack a diaper bag and bring that along too?

StrawberryXGirl

Asked by StrawberryXGirl at 11:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• A lot of hospitals give you a complimentary diaper bag. Don't worry about bottles, the hospitals have policies in place, where the nipples have to be sterile when they feed the baby. If you plan to nurse, bring a couple of bras. Bring a pair or two of panties. A robe, slippers, favorite pillow, stuffy to hug or what ever other item(s) you plan on using for distraction during contractions and labor. Notepad and pens. Book, magazine, or puzzle book. List of phone numbers of who you want to call. I brought a water bottle, made it easier then cups. Flashlight, if you are one that has to sleep in total darkness. Glasses and eye care items if you wear contacts. Toothbrush, shampoo, favorite lotion....Wow, I'm rambling.
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Change of clothes or two. PJ's. Shorts or something that you know will be comfortable. Make sure you pack something Dark for your pants, just in case you have an accident. Couple plastic shopping bags for soiled clothes. Try not to bring valuables. If you do, make a list before hand, so that you can copy it to the paper when you check in. Baby name book. I could pack for a month at this rate. I think you get the idea :o) Oh, pack a going home outfit for the baby. Plan according to the weather. Carseat and a blanket for the baby.
    babygoose78

• Pack a nightgown. I usually sleep in sweat pants but they check you so much in the hosital that it is just easier. Also bring toiletries. I didn't bring any and the hospital didn't provide shampoo or toothpaste. I brought books but I didn't really read any because I was either resting or sitting with visitors or taking care of the new baby. Bring comfy clothes to go home in and baby clothes.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 10:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2008