Child still in diapers

Does anybody have a child or children that are still in diapers ages 3-4 yo.? My boys are 3 and 4 yo. and still wear diapers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter is three and still wears one for her nap and for the night. But the rest of the time she's in panties.
    Anonymous

• no way. i'd rather wash a full load of pee pee clothes every day than change diapers on a kid that big! not that i don't understand. my 4 yr old still has at least 2 or 3 accidents a week, and there have been many times i considered putting him back in diapers, but the truth is, by that age, they know better. now when he pees his pants (just being lazy, not real accidents) i punish him.
    Anonymous

• My daughter was tying her shoes and reading before she was out of diapers at four.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My son just turned 3 this week and is still in pull-ups. We're working on potty training. As the weather gets warmer, I plan to just get rid of the pullups during the day and deal with the mess (since we can be outside more)... He's about to change schools so I'm waiting for that adjustment before pushing this.. He'll pee on the potty when he wants to but other times will simply announce he doesn't pee on the potty.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My doctor told me that they will let you know when they are ready and pushing them won't help. She also told me to NEVER punish them for accidents! Don't stress them and yourself out. It will happen when the are ready.
    NDNichol

Answer by NDNichol at 10:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I 100% agree with NDNichol. I pushed my daughter for a month before I realized she was just not ready yet. She would be in underwear and we'd go sit on the potty every 15 mins and she'd still pee her pants. By the time she would tell me she had to go she had already gone in her pants. So I gave up and figured I'd let her decided, and one day in January when she was 2 1/2 she demanded underwear and hasn't worn them since. She refused them at naps and bedtime, but has not had one accident. I'm sure the way she potty trained herself is pretty rare, since most kids use pullups and nap or night for awhile longer, but my daughter is hardheaded.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• At 3 and 4 I'm sorry but I see no reason for a child to still be in diapers. The POO at tht age is just GROSS!! Take your child to the BR every 20 minutes when you feel they are getting the hang of it then go longer inbetween time spans. Continue untill you see your child doing it by them selfs...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2010