Child still in diapers

Does anybody have a child or children that are still in diapers ages 3-4 yo.? My boys are 3 and 4 yo. and still wear diapers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is 3 be 4 in aug and he been potty trained for a mnth or lil more
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 3:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My youngest trained at 3 1/2. It was very easy to train him at that age. I simply took the diapers away completely. 2 days with a few accidents and he was trained.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• well, I'm sure you'll take lots of bashing for that, but I don't see how a kid staying in diapers longer than other kids will keep them out of Mensa or ruin their lives.
    I think as long as you try to get them interested in the potty and all that I think it's OK to let them take their time.
    Anonymous

• My son is a little over 3 and still in diapers. We have tried several time in the past to get him out of them but we decided just to wait till after our daughter is here which will be any day now to try again. I was told by other moms this would be the smartest thing to do so he doesnt regress after baby is here. I think once he realizes what a baby really is and that hes a big boy that it will be time to go into big boy undies. Atleast thats what Im hoping for lol. I would be a little worried if hes over 4 still in diapers but I will just do my best to get him out of them by then.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My grandson is 3 and still in diapers. He's working on the potty training but the doctor said don't push him. When he's ready he'll do it.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Don't worry about it. I have a friend whose son wasn't fully potty-trained until he was 5. Every child is different. My 6yr old was a BREEZE, but my 3yr old couldn't care less about the potty. He goes on it every now and again, but I don't push the issue with him. It's not worth fighting over. So what if you have to change a diaper here and there, you know?
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 3:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My daughter was tying her shoes and reading before she was out of diapers at four.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My son potty trained at 3 years and 2 months. Dont worry! We let him make that decision and he potty trained with no problem.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• My oldest was in diapers until he was 5 - but then again, he has autism.

Answer by missanc at 4:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• my son wll be 4 in june and he is still in pull-ups he will pee in the potty most of the time but not poop he is not interested in using the potty for that yet
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 5:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2010