would this be allowed?

If I went through my DH's email and he plans on meeting up with a girl (not just a random girl- but a girl who he had sexual relations with!)... and then he finally got a cellphone, could i look through his phone for any text messages or call times to see if they've been talking that way now? she lives a few states away, so nothing has been done YET- but i dont trust her (she still wants him), and i am beginning to not trust HIM. (he says that he'll just tell me its a business trip to go see her-- meaning, that I wont know when/if he really goes).

dont want to call him out on it yet.. i want more proof- REAL proof b/c DH does have a problem of making plans and bailing at the last second.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• The fact he is even thinking about it would be enough for me to "call him out" on it.
    Anonymous

• what more proof do you need? how about an illegitimate child? or an STD? you already know exactly what's going on so if you don't call him out now, you're guilty of allowing it to continue. print out the e-mail and confront him with it . . . NOW!

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 3:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Finding the email would be enough proof. But if you need to know about if he is texting her or calling her, then contact your phone company and tell them you want a list of all number called from his account and all texts.
    Anonymous

• Agree with pp. He's blatantly telling you that he wants to sneak off with this chick that is states away.How much more proof do you want/need???? Go with your instinct on this one and kick his ass to the curb. Nobody deserves that crap. Good luck and I'm sorry you're going through this.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• he hasnt told me anything. without finding the email, i wouldnt know anything. i think the email was mainly just his bullshit talk- which he does on occassion. never like this, but he does it at times. a lil ego-boost, practically. i think that if they were talking on the phone, then he might actually be serious about it.

Anonymous

• Allowed?? You need to not sneak around and ask him right to his face what is going on. I would not sneak I would get right up and ask him what he thought he was doing.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• Print whatever you can and save it for court. Unless she comes there and you can get pictures of them together, I don't know how much more proof you can possibly need or even get. Make sure and have all her information too. Drag that slut into into the divorce since she wants to be in the marriage.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon :32...I'd print my proof, and divorce his ass
    Anonymous

• you are his wife! you are supposed to be everything to him! why does he have to humiliate you for an ego boost?

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 3:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2010

• You have the proof that he wants to go and sleep with another woman. Its awful that he hasn't been man enough to come to you and discuss whatever issues you two are having or whatever issues he's having that makes him want to go and be with someone else... Instead he chooses to take the coward way out and cheat! its hurtful to you but you must be strong and deal with the evidence that you found.
    treasured_hope

Answer by treasured_hope at 3:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2010